Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Analyze This

What does it say about me if I think in lists? My mind literally operates in list form. I have an entire journal designated for the lists I randomly think of; a night's sleep is always better after a good half hour of list-making. In an effort to make my new blog a little more personal, I am now going to let you into my psyche and show you some of my lists. Nothing has been altered; these are all verbatim from my journal I currently hold in my hands.

Embarrassing Things I Really, Truly Love
1. tie dye
2. The Sims
3. the Princess Diaries book series
4. High School Musical soundtracks
5. Avril Lavigne
6. playing Andrew Lloyd Webber showtunes on the piano, and if no one else is home, singing along as both Christine and the Phantom
7. playing the six degrees of Kevin Bacon game

Toys I was Denied as a Child
1. Barbie Jeep
2. Mysize Barbie
3. Dreamphone (this love has since been requited...I shelled out forty bones for it this year on eBay)
4. Sega Genesis
5. TalkGirl
6. K'nex rollercoaster
7. Gameboy
8. moonshoes
9. Kerplunk
10. LiteBrite
11. Skip It
12. Silly Putty
13. Mall Madness board game
14. Easy Bake Oven
15. Creepy Crawlies
16. bean bag chair
17. Don't Wake Daddy
18. Sand Art

My Shortcomings
1. curly brackets are hard for me to draw (these ones: { } )
2. I can't roll my tongue
3. I can't shuffle cards
4. worst dancer in world
5. making beds
6. drawing animals
7. Skip Its (but it's ok because remember, I never had one)
8. focusing
9. test taking

Things I Hate
1. barfing
2. Home Depot
3. Comic Sans font
4. Betty Boop
5. Rush Hour movie franchise
6. orienteering
7. kitchen crew at the London Centre
8. studying
9. my senior pictures

Things I Love (not as embarrassing as those other ones)
1. Disneyworld
2. London
3. Harry Potter
4. movies
5. making lists (yes I really put this on this list..)
6. "Arrested Development"
7. rollercoasters
8. the Y in my name
9. my family
10. Christmas and literally everything involved

Songs that Make Me Want to Die Hard
1. "The Reason" by Hoobastank
2. "Photograph" by Nickelback
3. "Black Horse and a Cherry Tree" by KT Tunstall
4. "Low" by Flo Rida (I kind of like this again though.)
5. "You're Beautiful" by James Blunt
6. "Don't Wait" by Dashboard Confessional
7. "Hey There Delilah" by Plain White T's

Well this has been excessively negative. What does THAT say about me?

3 comments:

  1. I am very impressed that you are confident enough to put your shortcomings for all the internet to see. Don't worry, when you become famous I'm sure this won't resurface and come back to haunt you.
    Just kidding. I wish I could have shortcomings as cool as you.
    Let your light so shine before men that they may see your good works. And your shortcomings.
    And on that note, I bid you adieu.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree with every song on your hate list. they make me want to GOUGE MY EYES OUT. that's right...ralph fiennes style.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I notice that a little show about a coming-of-age aardvark didn't make the list. I expected better of you. a plague on both your houses.

    ReplyDelete

Give it to me straight.