Thursday, November 27, 2008

Spontaneously Intentional Bursts of Gratitude

THINGS I AM THANKFUL FOR AT THIS EXACT MOMENT

1. My family
I am not particularly fond of this picture of myself, except for the fact that it proves that I am physically capable of adding pigment to my skin, but I don't even care because it is a picture of the best family out there. (from left to right: Tricia, Erin, Dad, Mom, me, and Austin)

I love you guys so much, and I get more excited every day to see you at Christmas! I just hope you all haven't gotten too much cooler, like intimidatingly so, since I've been gone. I'm talking to you, Tricia.

2. My puppies, aka my poor little poopsies
Pudge and me, with Austin and Tricia behind us watching TV on a warm summer's day
Ok so I had to get this picture off of Google Images, but Fergie looks like the one on the left.

I miss my dogs so much and am filled with gratitude for them this Thanksgiving day. Pudge was attacked and nearly MURDERED last week by a coyote, and let me tell you that I would have sunk into a bottomless pit of depression had he been killed. Sorry this is so graphic, but my love for him is deep. I love Fergie too--how could you not, with that face?? Except that's not really her face.

3. My life this semester
I live in Europe! With people for whom I cannot think of a good enough adjective!

4. Disney
I am eternally grateful for Disney--not only because their films molded me into the whou-mahn I am today but also because Disney makes glorious things like The Lion King, which tonight brought me one step forward in my coming to terms with turning twenty in four days (only to have Alex bring me lovingly two steps back by observing that I am the furthest along in the circle of life).

6. CHRISTMASTIME

It's now officially the most wonderful time of the year. Are you ready?

Happy Thanksgiving

3 comments:

  1. I am thankful for your phonetic spelling of whou-mahn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When we die, our bodies become the grass. And the antelope eat the grass. And so we are all connected in the great Circle of Life. Some of us have longer before the antelopes are eating us. Some of us might as well just give up now.
    I joke. Jordyn I am thankful to have such an aged and wizened friend such as yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am thankful for my bestie and can't freakin wait to see you again! Ps pretend i'm singing that to you like Miley.

    ReplyDelete

Give it to me straight.