The time has devastatingly come when I can count the days I have left in London on seven fingers. I will be wrenched away from this beautiful city next Tuesday, a fact that I am reluctant to accept. In a pathetic and doomed attempt to wean myself off of London, here is a list of things I WON'T miss.
1. Surprises we have affectionately called "floaters" in the toilets that just won't flush
2. Sleeping with one pillow when I am used to using a minimum of three (except for that glorious night when I borrowed Alex's extra pillow)
3. Those nights we run downstairs to the servery craving study toast, only to find that we are tragically out of Nutella
4. Four papers, four finals, endless volumes of reading assignments, and Shakespeare lines to memorize--all in one week
5. The inability to use cell phones to tell our friends when we have changed the day's plans
6. Poot once a week for dinner
7. I miss Mexican food
8. Having to type up everything, including this blog post, down in the classroom away from humanity
9. Those days when the Circle line takes approximately three hours to get from Notting Hill Gate to South Kensington, especially on those days when Anna and I are late to church because I just had to get that one piece of hair straight
10. Remember when the exchange rate was 1.85? That sucked.
11. Awkward showering rituals
12. Two options for water temperature: boiling lava hot or Antarctic ice cube cold
13. That Saturday I foolishly stepped into Primark, where I am sure I left my soul to be ravaged by the wolves that tore apart every single shelf. Also I thought I would never see Lauren Hunt, one of the few humans left in this world who understands "Arthur" the way I do, again.
There. These thirteen things can TOTALLY hold their own against the 1,000,000,000,000,000 things that I will miss forever about London. I just pity the person I sit next to on my flight next week, for I will be weeping while involuntarily clawing at the window the entire nine hours of the flight.
Look at these chicas--aren't they hot?
Oh yeah, I also won't miss the Natural History Museum's scale model of a blue whale. Okay, so I will miss it a little bit.