Monday, April 20, 2009

'80s Movie of the Week

Just because this 1987 classic can be seen on TV almost nightly doesn't mean it's bad--on the contrary, cable networks are just exposing their viewers to the latest addition to my list of top 12 favorite movies. It is 

a.) hilarious 
b.) very '80s, from the soundtrack to the wardrobe--see Exhibit A: Goldie Hawns' thong one piece towards the beginning of the movie and 
c.) actually a cute love story. Plus, of course, Kurt Russell and Goldie Hawn are together in real life, which as we know always means sexy tension. (See Exhibit B: Mr. and Mrs. Smith, also a part of my top 12)

My fourteen-year-old brother and I were ell-oh-ell-ing all over the place while we watched it this week, and I may or may not be on my way to the TV to watch it again tonight.

1 comment:

  1. I love this movie almost as much as I love your blog.
    My cousin and I used to make our standard issue speedo-swim-team-swimsuits into Goldie Hawn's hot thong. When we were out of sight of our disapproving parents of course.
    The part that makes me ell-oh-ell the hardest is when he makes her believe she's fat and had a slouch, and she's wearing that mumu. (sp?)
    Gets me every time.

    ReplyDelete

Give it to me straight.