Wednesday, April 22, 2009

FREEDOM

Today was my last day at the dreaded shoe store. 

No more verbally abusive trophy wives, no more forced smiling through my eternal boredom and despair, no more smooth jazz lite rock classic contempo soundtrack ringing in my ears, no more waiting ten minutes for customers to finish their intimate cellular conversations so I can ask them to please slide their credit card the other way, no more staring longingly at shoes I can't afford, no more broken fingernails from organizing shoes all day, no more dirty looks from managers when customers refuse my invitation to join our frequent shopper program...I am free from the soul-sucking hell hole that is--no, WAS!--my job this semester.

1 comment:

  1. Hi There!

    My name is Carly and I would love you to check out my blog! I am looking for women from around the globe to be apart of my project. I would love it if you could contribute anything from your world, whether it be stories, cultural practices, beliefs, recipes, fashion whatever you like! I am looking for individual passionate women who love to share!

    You sound like you have a unique story and would love to have you on board!

    My emails is womensworldmagazine@hotmail.com or you can check out my blog

    Thanks!

    Carly

    ReplyDelete

Give it to me straight.