Tuesday, September 1, 2009

My new life as a receptionist

Don't worry, I won't let all this new power go to my head--the power to answer the three phone calls that came today, power to sort mail, power to eat all the Jolly Ranchers sitting in front of me. No, fame won't change me!

I am now sitting here with nothing to do, though. And if the ever-intriguing Anna Thurston will devote time to one of these survey-fillout-email forward things I used to love to do in middle school, then so will I.

8 Favorite TV Shows:
1. Arrested Development
2. Flight of the Conchords
3. Seinfeld
4. Scrubs
5. The Office
6. ANTM
7. 30 Rock
8. Arthur

8 Things I Did Yesterday:
1. Listened to Miley Cyrus' "Party in the USA" on repeat all morning
2. Signed up Kim Kardashian, Robert Downey Jr., Zac Efron, Lady Gaga, and Kanye West, among others, for EFY 2010
3. Watched part of Ferris Beuller's Day Off on AMC's Back to School marathon. Don't you guys miss John Hughes?! I miss him.
4. Bought a new cardigan for my new business casual dress code


{this is what came up when I googled "business casual"}

5. Ate some of those brownies we got for free at the Farmers Market
6. Sat (lightly, I swear!) on my bed, only to have it slide off of the cinderblocks holding it up and fall to the ground.
7. Attended FHE with my new ward.
8. Didn't really make new friends at said FHE, just talked to the people I already knew. Sorry.

8 Things I Look Forward To:
1. FOOD I am SO HUNGRY despite all the Jolly Ranchers I've swiped!
2. This week's Entertainment Weekly. If that magazine were a man, he'd be on my List.
3. Eventually getting the hang of this new job. Second day is still a little awkward since I don't know anything yet.
4. Buying new business casual clothes
5. A little dinner party happening hopefully this week, during which love between two unnamed persons will undoubtedly bloom! (I'm not either of the two unnamed persons. Typical.)
6. Potentially going home for Labor Day!
7. Football games!
8. Food again. I canNOT stop thinking about it

8 Favorite Restaurants:
1. Chili's, except that was before this vegetarianism, and their meatless options B L O W
2. Chipotle, preferably the one on Arapahoe back home because that's where Carly and I always see the weirdest kids from high school
3. Pizza Port in San Diego
4. Wagamamas (London)
5. Nandos (")
6. Eat (")
7. Is Coldstone a restaurant?
8. Zesto's. No longer in existence, but still alive in my heart.

8 Things on my Wish List:
1. "30 Rock" DVDs
2. Sturdier bed frame
3. Longer hair
4. Longer legs
5. The ability to roll my R's
6. To go back in time and tell Young Jordyn that the bed-wetting will end; don't lose hope.
7. The Clockstoppers watch
8. For Robert Downey Jr. to follow my blog. This is a WISH list people, so don't judge me

I'm not going to tag 8 people, even though this was secretly fun because I actually enjoy filling out forms. Hey, my shift's over!

3 comments:

  1. Zesto and Chipotle on Arapahoe are/were the best things in existence, and I laughed out loud when I thought about all the people we used to see there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loooove the girl in the plum business suit that's so excited about being a casual professional that all she can do is stand with her arms straight at her sides and look straight at the camera. Laughed so hard at the bed-wetting allusion. And blushed a little at you know what.
    Aaand you've just given me the will to blog.
    Chapeau.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm intriguing?! YES! Wow that sounds so narcissistic of me. But amiga, I'm glad you enjoyed filling the form out. I did too.

    ReplyDelete

Give it to me straight.