Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Not exactly the most hardcore of addictions

Today my English 295 professor said, "I have an addictive personality, just waiting for the right addiction to come along." Thus this list came about

MY ADDICTIONS, PAST AND PRESENT

  • The Sims--this is not to be taken lightly. It was a compulsion, a need to play that game

  • Spider Solitaire--I would go to bed and see solitaire when I closed my eyes.

  • Facebook--obviously.

  • in 7th grade I was addicted to Minesweeper. I would listen to Barenaked Ladies or Totally Hits 2003 and sweep mines for hours. Does anyone else even play that game?

  • summer between 8th and 9th grade I was addicted to Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3 on Xbox

  • Harry Potter--a real addiction. This winter I could NOT function without it.

  • this winter I was also addicted to "America's Next Top Model". Best reality show EVER
Apparently I'm a closet gamer; almost all of these are video/computer games. (Even though Minesweeper is the lamest computer game ever, and even I, an admitted addict, know this.)

2 comments:

  1. I can totally imagine Middle School Jordyn with her face two inches from the gray facade of minesweeper and Windows Media Player blasting. It's a beautiful sight I'll tell you that.

    ReplyDelete

Give it to me straight.