Thursday, October 29, 2009
Wednesday, October 28, 2009
Tuesday, October 27, 2009
- Heart and Souls DVD came yesterday! Best $7 I've ever spent on Ebay. Until Reality Bites comes, which cost $4. [And obviously Dreamphone is exempt from this competish because it cost much more than $7.]
- I got a Nature Valley Sweet and Salty peanut granola bar from the vending machine at work today.
- I have some totally brill plans for Halloween costumes.
- Today is John Cleese's 70th birthday.
- It is snowing. I have to ride the Vespa home.
- I saw Paranormal Activity last night. ...I'm still uneasy about doing, oh, ANYTHING by myself.
- And I have to read Heart of Darkness for my Brit Lit class.
- I look soo frumpalicious today, you don't even know. [especially because I was still too scared from PA to take a shower this morning...even though there's nothing about showers in that movie. I just can't get it out of my mind! Which is of course the mark of a great horror film, so kudos]
Wednesday, October 21, 2009
Tuesday, October 20, 2009
1. Learn Esperanto
2. Be an extra in a movie. Any movie.
3. Meet RDJ
4. Meet Bill Watterson, the creator of Calvin and Hobbes
5. Find a copy of Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3 for Xbox and beat it for a SECOND time, ha!
6. Work at Disneyworld
7. Memorize the Spanish rap to Pitbull's "The Anthem"
8. Play the Sims 2 and 3
9. Learn to roll my R's
10. Be Xenu for Halloween
11. Find all the hidden Mickeys in Disneyworld
12. Grow my hair long and luscious like Miley's
Monday, October 19, 2009
Friday, October 9, 2009
Wednesday, October 7, 2009
As we bid Kirsten® a fond farewell, we do so knowing her departure will make it possible to introduce new characters and time periods for our customers to enjoy. In the meantime, don’t miss the opportunity to purchase items from Kirsten’s collection before it’s too late.
[little Jordyn on the first day of Kindergarten]
I just don't understand why they even have to knock any of the dolls off the market. Do they not have room? Maybe they should stop adding all those newfangled American Girl of Today dolls...those sluts. They're not even educational. Back in my day, kids LEARNED from their toys! (Picture me yelling this from a rocking chair on a porch while shaking my cane)
And why Kirsten?! Yeah I KNOW Samantha was always the prettiest and richest, and then Josefina was all popular because she was NEW and HISPANIC and BEAUTIFUL (she came out in 1997, by the way...how old do you feel?) but Kirsten is a classic! She's been around since 1986! I wasn't even a fetus yet!
I am seriously very upset about this. Here are just some of the things my hypothetical daughters are missing out on:
Seriously. Can Gen X do that if I print out this picture for them?
Tuesday, October 6, 2009
GOOD COUPLES' HALLOWEEN COSTUMES THAT AREN'T NECESSARILY THE MOST OBVIOUS AND/OR CLICHE
(a lot of these are especially funny if you gender-swap)
- MJ and Spiderman
- Tarzan and Jane
- Han Solo and Princess Leia
- Beauty and the Beast
- Jasmine and Aladdin
- King Kong and Fay Wray
- John Lennon and Yoko Ono
- Jon and Kate (minus 8)
- Heidi and Spencer
- Ellen and Portia
- Brad and Angelina
- Pocahontas and John Smith
- ketchup and mustard
- Beyonce and Jay Z
- Santa and Mrs. Claus
- Ron and Hermione
- Lupin and Tonks
- Voldemort and Nagini
- Mario and Princess Peach
- Homestar Runner and Marzipan
- Pam Anderson and Kid Rock (for extra hilarity, get a third guy to be Tommy Lee)
- Rob and Big
- Zack and Cody (as in "The Suite Life Of")
- Michael Jackson and Macaulay Culkin (too soon?)
- Lady and the Tramp
- Simba and Nala
- Flavor Flav and that girl who pooped on the stairs
Any other hilarious couples I should've listed?
Friday, October 2, 2009
Phone calls received: 2
Fun size 3 Musketeers consumed: 5
Lists made mentally: 9
Strawberry Laffy Taffies consumed: 4
Planned outfits for the football game tonight: 3
16.9 fluid ounce water bottles consumed: 1 1/2
Trips to the restroom: 0
[since we moved offices this week, I haven't yet learned where the restroom is. I do need to go though, now that I mention it]
Daydreams: 85 billion
Literally two phone calls. In four hours.
Thursday, October 1, 2009
images found here
How rad are these? I freakin love 'em. IF I were the type of girl who got tattoos, this is what I would get.