Monday, November 2, 2009

Holla-ween (see what I did there)

Another Halloween has come and gone! The week was full of season-appropriate cinematic gems.

HALLOWEEN-Y MOVIES I WATCHED:

  • Hocus Pocus (3 times)
  • Paranormal Activity
  • Edward Scissorhands (2 times)
  • Beetlejuice (2 times)
  • The Stepfather (sucked, no matter how hot Penn Badgley is)
  • Batman Forever, Batman (according to ABC Family, these are Halloween movies. But they also think Harry Potter movies are Christmas movies, so...)
  • Bewitched (is this a Halloween movie? More than Edward Scissorhands, probably)
  • Halloweentown (will always suck)
  • Mom's Got a Date with a Vampire
  • The Nightmare Before Christmas

Pretty thorough, I'd say.

Then came the costumes...Alex, Nikki, and I were Mario Kart-ers: Yoshi, Toad, and Peach, respectively. Lauren was sometimes a rabbit, sometimes Minnie Mouse.

We adopted this spider cake

The paparazzi (aka Coolpix's timer setting) snagged some pictures of us. Please observe how rockin our Karts are.
It makes me think of other Halloweens I've celebrated thus far in my college career...

Captain Hook in London, Halloween 2008
(a contender for the title of Best Day of Jordyn's Life)



And then Halloween 2007, when we tried to be ice dancers. We looked more like cocktail waitresses (at best).

Now I'm freek-a-leekin' about my favorite time of year (Thanksgiving, my BIRTHDAY, and Christmas) which is just around the riverbend!

4 comments:

  1. Haha Halloweentown sucks, but Mom's Got A Date With a Vampire doesn't?

    Personally, my favorite Disney Channel Original scary movie is Phantom of the Megaplex.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom's Got a Date with a Vampire has the combined star power of Caroline Rhea and Lizzie McGuire's dad! So no, it does not suck. And I'd pay big bucks to watch Don't Look Under the Bed again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't Look Under the Bed is scarring!! And you're right about Lizzie McGuire's dad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Remember when you said the spider cake was my boyfriend because i was infact posing with it in all those pics? I secretly felt like an idiot. Never again will you hear me admit that.

    ReplyDelete

Give it to me straight.