Friday, November 13, 2009

Worming its way into my personal Top 10

Last night we saw this at the dollar theater... I don't think I can explain well enough how much I loved this movie. Everything about it was completely rockin. Here are the Oscars it is going to win:
  • Best Supporting Actress: Melanie Laurent
  • Best Supporting Actor: Christoph Waltz
  • Best Original Screenplay
  • Best Director: Quentin Tarantino

Well that's how it should be at least. And I haven't seen enough of the potential Best Picture nominees, and there will be ten of them (ten!), so I'm not going to throw that around lightly. Yet.

If I asked Tarantino to choose the music for the soundtrack of my life, do you think he would? Pulp Fiction had about the most face-meltingly AWESOME soundtrack I've ever heard. "Son of a Preacher Man" is now one of my most hard A jams, seriously. Plus I imagine I have legs that go on for days even when I'm barefoot like Uma's when I listen to it.

Even though I definitely do not; mine are more reminiscent of the thumb-thumbs from Spy Kids, which is still related to Basterds because that movie is directed by Robert Rodriguez, who obviously collaborated with QT on Death Proof/Planet Terror. The problem with me is that I don't explain my constantly derailed train of thought out loud, thus making the things I do say out loud seem totally non sequitur.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes the extreme similarity of thought scares me. This movie is absolutely in my 10.

    Hans Landa = my bf (don't judge me)

    ReplyDelete

Give it to me straight.