Saturday, January 30, 2010
How the mighty fall...
Thursday, January 28, 2010
Wednesday, January 27, 2010
"[wistful sigh] I wish I weren't stuck with stupid Scarlett...then I could spend all my time with Jordyn, who is cool and funny and looks somehow both hip and professional in her business casual everyday."
Monday, January 25, 2010
Thursday, January 21, 2010
Wednesday, January 13, 2010
If Facebook weren't a part of my life...
- I wouldn't be stressed about people not writing me back on my wall
- I wouldn't be stressed about people not writing me back on FB chat
- I wouldn't be stressed about not sounding funny enough*
- I wouldn't be stressed about my profile picture not being funny/attractive/clever enough
- I wouldn't be stressed about potential relationships certain boys may or may not be in*
- I wouldn't sink to such low, low levels of creepiness
- I would have so much more free time to do far more important things, like read novels, write novels, learn Esperanto, cure cancer, etc.
- I wouldn't have to know about children from home growing up in all the wrong ways
*I still might worry about these things.
Oh and that's not a picture of me.
Tuesday, January 12, 2010
I'm just innocently trying to watch Miss Congeniality on TV after a long, crappy day, and E! has done such a horrendous job of editing it that I can hardly enjoy it. Song montages ruined, commercials in the middle of scenes, jokes removed for no conceivable reason...horrible.
"My parents don't like anything ostentatious...and they really don't like fire"
Monday, January 11, 2010
- Han Solo
- Ron Weasley
- Calvin and Hobbes
- Liz Lemon
- GOB and Buster Bluth
- Turk and J.D.
- Bret and Jemaine
Prized Possessions I'd Consider Turning into Horcruxes
- "Arthur" DVD
- new Celtic-esque necklace I got for Christmas that looks like it could've been designed centuries ago [though it wasn't]
- that horcrux locket I made for my Merope costume with RDJ starring as Tom Riddle, Sr.
- my Minky blanket
...really? I can't think of anything else? And THESE are my most prized possessions? Welcome to the fabulous life of Jordyn Canady
Songs I Can Handle Before 9 A.M.
- "Semi Charmed Life"--Third Eye Blind
- "Here Comes My Baby"--Cat Stevens
- the Halo mashup from "Glee"
- "Catch My Disease"--Ben Lee
- "Zak and Sara"--Ben Folds
- "Morning has Broken"--Cat Stevens
- "I'm Looking Through You"--the Beatles
- "If She Wants Me"--Belle & Sebastian
Superpowers I Could Use Everyday
- spidey web slinger wrists
- that diamond-skin girl from Wolverine--for when I'm stuck scootering in the rain
- Storm's weather-control would also come in handy for scootering
- Dash from The Incredibles' super speed...I could leave my apartment at like 8:59 for my 9:00 class
- Also I would like to be invisible whenever I want like Dash's sister
Thursday, January 7, 2010
Wednesday, January 6, 2010
There's no rhyme or reason to this; I'm just bored and got distracted by these new/forgotten gems from my phone.
Two of my greatest accomplishments to date...I want more henna so I can draw more spells on more skin
Sunday, January 3, 2010
- saw Sherlock Holmes not once, not twice, but THREE TIMES. (And there was very little arm-twisting involved; it was strictly fate. Except I sort of forced my family to go see it after I saw it once.) Call me crazy, but I loved it. I mean, we all knew I would, right? But it was a legitimately rockin movie, even if not everyone agrees with me, and here's why:
- Robert Downey Jr. knocks another one right out of the park with his acting, humor, and good looks
- Hans Zimmer provided possibly my favorite movie score EVER, with the exception of those by John Williams who is exempt from this competition because he is The Best...you might not care, but Hans also did Pirates of the Caribbean and Lion King. Sooo...yeah.
- Sweet fight scenes
- Jude Law is hot, too
- Um this was seriously a funny movie. Two guys who love each other are always funny. Two examples off the top of my head: Turk & J.D. and Butch & SundanceExhibit A
- Wow that was a lot longer than I'd planned, whatev. Christmas was also fun because my sister Erin got her wisdom teeth out, giving me a reason to sit on my butt and watch movies for 24 hours straight. In one day we watched The Santa Clause, The Grinch, some random movie that ended up being good called Nothing Like the Holidays, A Christmas Story, and the first two discs of "Pushing Daisies" season 1.
- Christmas itself was very, very fun--games, food, new toys, slight frustration with each other due to the aforementioned games...but despite all the Canady Insanity, we love each other and it was a really great Christmas.
- I read Harry Potters 1, 2, and half of 3