Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Take me home, country roads to the [decade] I belong

What to do, what to do...big fat John Donne paper due in T minus 14 hours. Luckily I've taken precautions:

1.) drank 2 Diet Cokes...still have yet to find some Excedrin for tomorrow morning though.

2.) planned out some analytical crap for this dumb pape...hopefully 5 pages' worth

3.) watched Group Night on "American Idol". This is ALWAYS the best episode of the whole season--better than the finale, exponentially better than all of the prelim auditions. I love the crying and the strangers fighting with each other and the horrible harmonies/choreography. So hilarious. ...Not sure how this is a precaution.

4.) as long as I'm just listing things that happened to me today, I went to In-N-Out with some of my most excellent friends, where we discussed toys of our childhood. Here are some quotes reflecting our discussion(s) from this enchanted evening:
  • "...and there appeared a star on its cheek!!" [Lauren, waxing Biblical about Magic Nursery babies]
by the way, LOOK AT WHAT I FOUND with the help of Google:

EXACTLY WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT!! This was my all-time favorite Happy Meal toy! Tiny Magic Nursery babies with heads and fabric, holly berry bodies!!! So many exclamation points!
  • "My cousin's 13 and my brother said he walked in on her playing with her Barbies" [Holli]
  • "So if he were an American Girl doll, he'd be Samantha?" [me, regarding the coloring of some tool in Alison's lit class]
  • "I really liked Addie. Molly was a loser." [Alison]
Well, John awaits. Only one thing in my immediate future is certain: I will be looking soooo ugly tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give it to me straight.