Thursday, March 25, 2010

Why Everyone Should Watch "Community"

1. Tonight's episode centered around the word "buzzkill."

2. Let's review the cast, shall we?
  • Joel McHale: surprisingly hot
  • Don Glover: hot, but not a surprise
  • Chevy Chase: Fletch has never been more insane.
  • Danny Pudi: completely crazy and hilarious...tonight when he was doing "African American police chief," I laughed so hard (alone, of course)
  • Alison Brie: too old to be playing an 18-year-old, but I forgive her because I always love an anal-retentive girl character.
  • Gillian Jacobs: it took me a while to warm to her, but I take it back. She's cool.
  • Yvette Nicole Brown: she's one of those faces you've seen all over the place, like on "The Office" ("I don't like him, his giant head, or his buggy little eyes"), and she is SO funny on "Community."
3. Why has no one ever thought to set a TV show in a community college before now?

4. A quote from tonight's episode: "Me and Jeff made it [referring to a wand with a cookie on the end] because it made you [Chevy] look more like the Cookie Crisp wizard, which is not even a reference I get because the Cookie Crisp mascot wasn't a wizard when I was a kid, it was a burglar." It just spoke to me, somehow.

This is a GOOD SHOW. It will definitely keep holding my attention while I wait for "Glee" to return.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give it to me straight.