Thursday, April 22, 2010

Clash of the Titans

Every time I watch Star Wars, the inevitable question arises: is Harrison Ford hotter as Indiana Jones or as Han Solo? This has long been debated, and not just by me. Last summer this question was featured on VH1's "The Great Debate" (which we watched religiously because a.) it was a GREAT SHOW and b.) Alex and I took a while to make other friends--not complaining!), and I can't remember who they declared as the winner right now, so I am taking it upon myself to make a decision.

INDIANA JONES
Okay, Indy has a lot of advantages. He is really smart, he has a good job (I'm assuming he's got tenure), he wears glasses (not exactly the Little Glasses that I prefer, as you can see below), he is very resourceful, and he is an archaeologist (which, in fifth grade, was what I wanted to be when I grew up--PS define "grew up." It doesn't mean 21, right? If it does I am a failure with a capital F). Also he is very, very hot, being all tan and sandy and sweaty all the time.


"...it wasn't exactly a turn-on."--"AD"

HAN SOLO
What Han lacks in tact and intellect, he makes up for in flight skills, snark, and pure ballsiness. He has luscious locks and while he may not be interested in the prestigious position of Jedi Knight, his heart of gold motivates him to save the day and help Luke destroy the Death Star in the nick of time. Plus he's a fighter AND a lover...of animals! He loves Chewbacca almost as much as I love Pudge.
I've come to the conclusion that it all depends on which movie one is watching.

3 comments:

  1. Can I just say that I watched Star Wars for the first time a couple of months ago, (I know, I know.) and I was literally swooning. Like I could not even believe. When he came on screen I was embarassed about how little control I had over myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the kiss scene from Empire Strikes Back may just sway you.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSHinT0i6G4


    Also the classic moment when he's about to be frozen in the carbon whatever--

    Leia: I love you!

    Han: I know.

    hot.

    ReplyDelete

Give it to me straight.