Monday, June 21, 2010

Hootie and those blowfish say to just let her cry

MOVIES WHICH HAVE INSPIRED THE STRONGEST EMOTIONAL RESPONSES IN ME
  • My Dog Skip: all of my siblings and I made a pact a long time ago to never again watch this movie. It is TOO SAD. This is not a good movie for children!
  • Hope Floats: okay, all of the things Sandra Bullock has to go through are just too much. Too much! Like when Ann Veal pretends that she's not her mom!! It is so so so sad. Tabby and I actually scared a boy out of the basement with my weeping during this movie.
  • Remember the Titans: "Don't you see the family resemblance? He's my brother." Cue hysterical Jordyn. Every single time.
  • Marley and Me: nope, never watching this again, never.
  • Little Women: okay, this always causes me both anger and sadness. And disgust. Sorry, but Claire Danes' Big Scene is ... sweaty. But HELLO WINONA, do you want to be miserable? Oh, you do? Great, stay with the old dude. I was going to suggest that if you want to have a happy, fun life, you should marry Laurie, but go right ahead. Your plan is much better. (I mean, you'd be married to Batman!!)
    Yah trick yah

  • I have been known to cry in 13 Going on 30
  • Steel Magnolias...but I've talked about that already.
And now I can add Toy Story 3 to this list. I saw it twice this weekend, and I laughed my face off, and I cried my best cry of 2010 (so far), and I felt like it helped me come to terms with my childhood ending. Or something.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not much of a crier but Remember the Titans and Little Women get me. Every. Single. Time. Anna and the King and Finding Neverland are tear jerkers for me too...

    ReplyDelete

Give it to me straight.