Thursday, July 15, 2010

"Yer talkin jibberish"

Every family has their movies--movies that kids would request every single summer morning, movies that we had both in VHS and DVD, movies that baby-sitters had to be told about in order to create a pleasant work environment. Here are ours:

CANADY FAMILY MOVIES
  1. That Thing You Do-I am never prouder of my younger siblings than when they say things to me like, "Cap'n Geech and the Shrimp Shack Shooters."
  2. Toy Story-Austin's right: it is thanks to him that Toy Story was a huge part of our family bonding back in the summer of 1996. "The word I'm searching for, I can't say because there are preschool toys around."
  3. Little Big League-a completely underrated '90s movie! They don't make hilarious, heartwarming sports movies like they used to. "It's the American League! They've got the DH, how hard could it be?!"
  4. Sandlot-obviously. If this didn't play a major role in your adolescence, I pity you. "Be there, buffalo butt breath!"
  5. Rookie of the Year-definitely not as spectacular of a film as Sandlot or LBL, but I just love everything baseball-centric. "Did he say 'funky buttloving'?"
  6. Little Giants-this movie is amazing. I learned so much from this, like the word "pissed". Also I learned what a cute boy looks like. "Is Spike mistaken? Aren't you...a girl?"Oh Junior Floyd...this totally explains my Nick Carter complex.
7. Christmas Story-I don't know if it's fair to count Christmas movies, but if it is, then this is OBVIOUSLY a vital piece in our collection. "Randy lay there like a slug. It was his only defense."

8. I'm going to go ahead and add The Santa Clause to this list. Tim Allen is HILARIOUS!! "Well, Neil's head comes to a point."

New life goal: I need to own all of these.


3 comments:

  1. Definitely had Sandlot, The Santa Clause, and Rookie of the Year memorized in our family. They are little gems of comedic genius!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Presidential flashcards? You play ball like a girl AND a boy! Sweet cousin memories.

    ReplyDelete

Give it to me straight.