Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Do you still read these posts if there isn't a picture? Sometimes I don't...

I make a big deal about the playlists I make on my pod, but in all honesty, I usually get sick of them before I get all the way through them. Why? Well, I tend to put all my newest songs on the playlist regardless of the songs' themes, which doesn't do anything constructive for the playlist's emotional continuity...I mean, if I'm in a bummer mood, I will not be happy if all of a sudden I have to deal with Bieber's dulcet, upbeat tones*. Plus those new songs get ruined after like the fifteenth consecutive listen.

Anyway, I made a new playlist like 2 weeks ago, and I haven't stopped listening to it yet. It's a pretty big deal. A few of the highlights are:
  1. "Hold My Heart" by Sara Bareilles...a close married friend of mine said that this song "almost makes her wish she weren't in love." Just so she could listen and relate. But bummer for her, she IS in love, boo freakin hoo.
  2. "Don't Be Shy" by Cat Stevens...well this song motivates me while simultaneously making me pleasantly sleepy. I imagine that gives me a hilarious facial expression.
  3. "The Middle" by Jimmy Eat World...what's that you say? This song stopped being cool in 2004? Um, have you LISTENED to the words? It speaks SO TRUE. You all LOVE IT probably.
  4. "Sweet Disposition" by Temper Trap...I know this song is freaking all over the place these days because of that awesome Diet Coke commercial and 500 Days of Summer, but it's probably something to do with the fact that this song is perfect for any season, any human, any emotion.
  5. "Quelqu'un m'a dit" by Carla Bruni...yes, another 500 Days of Summer song, but whatever it's beautiful. Even if I have no idea what the words are if Alex isn't there to translate for me...but I know that they're probably along the lines of, "Don't worry Jordyn, you are not the only idiot who gets C minuses and is addicted to Tostitos queso dip and is probably going to end up alone and has dreams about reuniting with her dog instead of sexy times with boys."
  6. "Shape of my Heart" by the Backstreet Boys...duh
  7. "Your Love" by the Outfield...there is no music today like those lucky B's had in the '70s and '80s and whatever.

So yeah, that's what my walks to class/drives to work/showers sound like right now. There are also other songs. These are just the milestones...or something. Now leave me alone; I have a paper to write.


*Actually it probably wouldn't be THAT horrible.

1 comment:

  1. i'm REALLY good at french (thanks 4 semesters at byui) and i'd say your translation is spot on.
    of course i read your posts sans picture or not. i'm your biggest fan (stalker)

    ReplyDelete

Give it to me straight.