Saturday, December 4, 2010

One year older and...older too

Just a little birthday message for me on my car yesterday morning, left not anonymously but by a friend. (What a hilarious thing to write on a stranger's car though! Getting ideas...) I hope everyone can read it clearly



I saw this on the good old facebook and decided that it was applicable, considering I just turned 22 yesterday.

HOW OLD DO YOU ACT?
Place x's on the statements that are true for you.

[] You know how to make a pot of coffee

[x] You keep track of dates using a calendar When they say "dates," do they mean like times when a guy picks you up and pays for your food? Or like days of the week? I'm going to assume it's the latter since I don't need a calendar to keep track of zero.

[] You own a credit card

[] You know how to change the oil in a car I can check the oil...and was taught how to do so this year.

[X] You've done your own laundry

[X] You can vote in an election

[x] You can cook for yourself Technically. "Is butter a carb?"

[] You think politics are interesting

TOTAL SO FAR: 4

[x] You show up for school late a lot

[x] You always carry a pen/pencil in your bag/purse/pocket

[x] You've never gotten a detention I've always had this paralyzing fear of getting in trouble. Seriously. I had to write my name on the board less than three times in my entire elementary school career, and each time I felt like I was living my worst nightmare.

[] You have forgotten your own birthday

[] You like to take walks by yourself Only if I'm somewhere awesome like London. [wistful sigh] Ah, those days...those days that were two whole years ago...crazy.

[x] You know what credibility means, without looking it up Is this a trick question or something? Why on earth would they choose "credibility"? Do a lot of people not know what this means? Random

[x] You drink caffeine at least once a week

TOTAL SO FAR: 9

[x] You know how to do the dishes A skill which is not as common as I had once thought.

[x] You can count to 10 in another language And not just because of "Pretty Fly for a White Guy"! I guess technically The Offspring only go up to 6. And to 5 twice, which is just incorrect.

[x] When you say you're going to do something you do it Generally. Wait, why did I mark this one? I'm somewhat flakey. Oh well I promise I'll get better.

[x] You can mow the lawn

[] You study even when you don't have to I don't study when I do have to.

[x] You have hand washed a car before I think so...? I have some memory that's exactly like the car wash scene from Little Giants. Maybe I'm just revisiting my dreams to live inside that movie.


That noise you're hearing at the beginning of this video? Yeah, that's the tail end of a huge fart. In other news, Icebox is spot-on: what a hunk indeed
TOTAL SO FAR: 13

[x] You can spell experience, without looking it up Again, what? Is "experience" the most commonly misspelled word or something? You know what's harder to spell? "Misspelled."

[] The people at Starbucks know you by name

[x] Your favorite kind of food is take out

[] You can go to the store without getting something you don't need Literally cannot do this. I always leave Wal-Mart with a new $5 movie, and I always leave Smith's with a jar of queso.

[] You understand political jokes the first time they are said.

[x] You can type pretty quickly

TOTAL SO FAR: 16

[] Your only friends are from your place of employment

[] You have been to a Tupperware party

[x] You have realized that practically no one will take you seriously unless you are over the age of 25 and have a job.

[] You have more bills than you can pay

[x] You have been to the beach

[x] You use the internet every day

[x] You have traveled overseas more than 5 times Well, I have traveled over oceans more than 5 times...counting it

[] You make your bed in the morning They mean every morning, right? Then yeah no.

[x] You realized people of the opposite sex might just make better friends. What does this mean? Better friends than girls? That's just not true. But boys are occasionally pretty awesome...whatever I'm counting this one too.

Total: 21

Alright! I'm only one year behind. That's a relief. I feel like I'm seven years behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give it to me straight.