Friday, January 7, 2011

Everything you read here is TRUE

CHRISTMAS BREAK HIGHLIGHTS:
  • scored Toy Story 1, 2, and 3 on DVD, along with Beauty and the Beast, Overboard, The House Bunny, Persuasion, "Seinfeld" season 4, and Get Smart (which I bought for myself for the low, low price of $3.75. Seriously.)
  • played with my family ALL THE TIME. I rarely left my house/changed out of my pj's. It was amazing. I don't know how many times we played Settlers of Catan, in which each one of us did and said things we're not proud of, but that's just how it goes.
  • trekked up to Hernando's Hideaway in Idaho Springs, once with the family, once with Tabby and Carly (and my dad, for the roads were treacherous).
  • became an expert at The Sims 3, thanks to the B.R.E. Alex Thomas. I hate to say it, but this game blows the original Sims out of the freaking water!!!
  • made these works of art with my sisters: While making R2-D2, I believe I said the words, "I think this is my 5th symphony." In all fairness, I made the C-3PO first--I think he's second only to Han Solo as my favorite Star Wars character.
  • created countless epic Mad Libs on the drive back to Provo: Please note our use of "virgin" as an adjective, and "tonsil hockey" as a type of sport. I wish I could take credit for those, but I can't.
  • This little encounter at the Wendy's in Fruita, Colorado:

Cashier: My lips were so chapped, I put mayonnaise on them.

Me: [stares in polite horror]

Cashier: I put lipstick on over it so no one could tell!

Me: [eyes rolling back into skull with disgust]

Cashier: Sure tastes good though!

Me: [lying on ground in fetal position]

I don't think there's anything else I need to say.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, and an awesome shopping day with me in which we found the perfect color of nail polish. Don't mention it. NBD.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU'RE RIGHT I FORGOT and that was an epic day, too: 1. Found perfect nail polish. 2. Found out that Danny actually does like to hang out with me. 3. Got to spend a great amount of time with YOU at the best mall in the world in the best state in the country.

    ReplyDelete

Give it to me straight.