Monday, February 21, 2011

Guess who's back...back again...Randy's back...tell a friend

BEST SONGS TO LISTEN TO WHILE WALKING TO CLASS

1. "Bizarre Love Triangle" by New Order. It always makes me feel like a bad-a. A bad-a in the '80s.

2. "Stairway to Heaven" by Led Zeppelin. Whenever this comes on my ipod, I secretly hope that a stranger stops me, demands to see my ipod, and is really impressed with me. If this ever happens, I will probably NOT be listening to any cool classic rock hits; the odds are that I'll be listening to something more along the lines of Nick Lachey's solo album. Such is my life.

3."Your Love" by the Outfield. This deserves a spot on every single list that begins with the words, "Best Songs." Period. It's perfect.

4."Here Comes the Hotstepper" by Ini Kamoze. This song also made me feel like a bad-a until I remembered that the fairies dance to it in Fern Gully.

5."Love Story" by Taylor Swift. I have attitude about Taylor Swift for no reason. Seriously bad attitude. I hate on her hair, even though it's thick and curly and blonde and Disney-looking, and on her songs, even though they're about girls who just want to jump on their beds in baggy t-shirts and find love, to which I can totally relate. Still--I have attitude. (Not unlike my bad, irrational attitude about The Blindside, which I still haven't seen.)

My point is that "Love Story" came up on my ipod's shuffle last week while I was walking to class, and I had goosebumps, okay?? I'm such a hypocrite.

6. "I Feel it All" by Feist. This makes me feel like it is a bright, sunny, crisp fall day. Even in stupid idiot February.

7. "Get Low" by Lil Jon and some other creepy dudes. I just really like this song. A LOT.

So anyways, last week I watched the BEST episode of "American Idol": Group Night of Hollywood Week. I am OBSESSED with this episode every season. For those of us who crave a little reality TV drama, Group Night always comes through 100%. Every single year promises "Idol" hopefuls crying, sucking at singing, and trying to perform choreography on .5 hours of sleep. The episode also rocks because there are usually groups who are legitimately awesome.

This season had all of this and more: a moment which, embarrassingly enough, almost made me cry:



So cute. I mean, he's not going to win or anything, but isn't it nice to know that there are good people in the world?! (And I'm not talking about that a-hole with the white glasses. You are TWENTY-SIX.)

1 comment:

Give it to me straight.