Thursday, March 17, 2011

Something I was thinking about in Physical Science lab today

There are two types of TV show titles: obvious and clever.

CLEVER TV SHOW TITLES:
  • Boy Meets World
  • Arrested Development
  • Scrubs
  • Grey's Anatomy
  • Three's Company
  • Married with Children
  • Bewitched
  • It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

(Just some of the many) TV SHOWS THAT JUST USE A CHARACTER'S NAME AS THE TITLE*:

  • Daria
  • The Cosby Show**
  • Seinfeld
  • Bones (right? I'm not really familiar with this show)
  • House
  • Everybody Loves Raymond
  • Old/New Something of Christine***
  • Smart Guy (not even a name--just a description)
  • Archer****
  • The Andy Griffith Show**
  • The Dick Van Dyke Show**
  • The Mary Tyler Moore Show**
  • Hangin with Mr. Cooper
  • Arthur
  • The Famous Jett Jackson
  • Wishbone

*I guess "Grey's Anatomy" should be on this list, but it's a pun! Puns are clever. And hilarious.

**technically not a character's name, but you know what I mean

***paraphrasing

****WHICH I have never seen...the commercials always just embarrass me, and they always come on when at least one parent or younger sibling is watching TV with me.

4 comments:

  1. time well spent. i love how you remembered so many of my favorite tv shows: famous jett jackson and wishbone

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also Grey's Anatomy is clever because it is named after Gray's Anatomy, the first medical book. Ya, I know that kind of shiz. But I think you are right, we have seen more of Meredith's anatomy than dead peoples.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. You are in physical science.

    2. We have the same TA. I creeped on your hw assignments today while looking for mine.

    hey,you're awesome...ill take any connection i can get ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. arrested development is probably the most clever show title i know of.

    ReplyDelete

Give it to me straight.