Sunday, May 22, 2011

This is not a democracy, it's a cheer-ocracy*

(Thank you Becky Hayes for this brilliant list idea)

Things That Were Cool in the Early 2000s and Aren't Anymore:
  1. Freddie Prinze Jr.
  2. choker necklaces
  3. belly button rings
  4. zigzag parts
  5. Mudd brand jeans
  6. The WB
  7. Christy Carlson Romano
  8. putting cherry images on clothing
  9. Baby Bottle Pops
  10. Hoobastank**
  11. basically every single item of clothing worn in the movie Smart House
  12. Jessica Simpson
  13. NOW cds
  14. Gelly Roll pens
  15. Disney Channel Original Movies***
  16. songs that have parentheses in their titles
  17. and songs that have a U for "you," etc.
  18. Abercrombie and Fitch
  19. Skechers
  20. Nerd Ropes
  21. bucket hats****
This is going to be an ongoing project, I believe.

Out of all the trends from that era, can you believe that this is the guy whose coolness has stood the test of time?



*For the record, Bring It On is still cool
**WAS NEVER TRULY COOL
***personal fave: Motocrossed (which was a very tough decision, by the way)
****even though I still believe that this was Britney's best look:

The exact look I was going for in 6th grade (hint: I failed miserably)

7 comments:

  1. Love it! Thanks for the first asterisk, "Bring it On" really is a modern day masterpiece. Also, watch "She's All That" and then tell me that Freddie Prinze Jr. isn't still cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Freddie Prinze Jr. might still be hot, but he's definitely not still cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. bahahaha oh my gosh this is all so true. oh my youth. yes i think 'motocrossed' is what put dcom's on the map, pre-hsm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahah Jordy just literally laughed out loud. Flash back- Limited Too middle school bliss.
    P.S. I gotta come visit you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahahah Jordy just literally laughed out loud. Flash back- Limited Too middle school bliss.
    P.S. I gotta come visit you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What about glitter? In all it's forms. Gel, powder, stick that I roll on my cheeks, lip gloss, roxy belt...I could go on for days.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Also those teeny tiny bubble shirts that stretch to your body. And Motocross for real beat out Brink? No way, Jose.

    ReplyDelete

Give it to me straight.