Monday, June 6, 2011

But you don't have to take MY word for it...

I just realized that I have been on an inadvertent internet-TV fast. Instead of my usual Netflix/Hulu binges of "My So-Called Life," "Parks and Rec," and "Glee," I've been reading! It is sad how unbelievable this is. I used to be a "crazy-ass reader"*--my entire summers used to be dedicated to only two things:
  1. neighborhood swim team
  2. filling up those summer reading program charts at the public library and earning amazing prizes, such as erasers in cool shapes and those toy ice cream cones that shoot out at people

From the ages of 9 to 13, I would fill a whole freaking wagon with books and have them all finished in like two days! I swear I have read the entire literary canons of both Ann M. Martin and Lois Duncan. I was such an awesome kid!!

And now I am a college student with a melted brain. I am officially going to get back to my roots.

*one time this phrase popped out of my mouth on accident...it turns out that it is an accurate description

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha! Crazy ass reader is hilariass. Past jordyn would have won me over with that one.

    ReplyDelete

Give it to me straight.