Thursday, March 15, 2012

Just some things

Adult Things I've Done Lately

  • I have a full time job
  • I am in bed by midnight* and out of bed by 8 AM. It is a major, major lifestyle change, and I am exhausted most of the time.
  • My Mad Men obsession is back with a vengeance, since Kylie and I must watch 2.5 episodes a day until the premiere on March 25.
Kid Things
  • Loving Selena Gomez station on Pandora. Yesterday they played the Wizards of Waverly Place theme song, Miley's "Party in the USA", and Taylor's "Love Story"--all in a row.
  • I got some bright new blue nail polish that is probably best described as electric Cookie Monster.
  • So I research and write about health products at my new job--skin creams, weight loss pills, testosterone supplements, etc. Yesterday I had to look up one called "Fat Stripper," and I basically fell out of my chair laughing. The pictures that came up on that Google search were most unsavory.
A tie. Which is appropriate because Kid Jordyn and Adult Jordyn are in constant conflict anyway.

I am currently one episode away from being done with Freaks and Geeks. I will be very sad when I'm finished; this is a really, really awesome show. Everyone should watch it; all the episodes are on Youtube. I may have said that already.

One of my favorite things about it is the opening theme:



*Well I try, at least. You know how it goes.

2 comments:

  1. i can't get over "fat stripper." can't get over it. ever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you make me laugh so much!!! and seriously. freaks and geeks. it changed my life. also, i think it's good that adult jordyn and kid jordyn are in constant conflict. you need both. one to function. one to enjoy life. sometimes i worry that ever since adult holli has become self-aware (graduation + work + marriage), it wants to take over. but that would just be a tragedy... for kid holli.

      Delete

Give it to me straight.