Friday, April 6, 2012

Very random; who cares!

I may not have blogged for Robert Downey Jr's birthday on Wednesday, but that doesn't mean that I didn't make a bookmark out of a picture of him which I cut out of my latest Entertainment Weekly.


CLOSE UP!


In other news, here are my latest fingernail experiments, one is an improvement on an old favorite, and one is a new experiment.

OLD FAVORITE: '80s manicure, also known as The Lisa Frank. This time I just went for it and did complete rainbows on every nail rather than do three colors per nail. I was pleased with the outcome.


NEW EXPERIMENT: All of my favorite greens under a matte top coat. (Which, as per Camille's request, are--from thumb to pinky--"Avocado" from Forever 21, China Glaze "For Audrey", Sally Hansen "Mint Sorbet", Essie "Navigate Her", and China Glaze "Groovy Green"! 

                                     

And the matte polish, as Michelle knows, is NYC brand "Matte Me Crazy" and cost $1.58, compared to the $18 OPI matte coat I bought that didn't even work that well! Although it does say that it is primarily a nail strengthener, so maybe it isn't supposed to be strictly a matte coat...but either way I am $18 out because of it.)

Don't these nails just seem oh so quirky?! How offbeat and yet so approachable!

Sorry I am up far too late right now; it's 3 am and I can't fall asleep. I don't really know what I'm saying anymore.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh I love all of those greens! You should probably share the brand and colours...so I can become you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. $1.58 later and we have the perfect matte top coat. Thanks for nothing OPI!

    ReplyDelete

Give it to me straight.