Thursday, October 4, 2012

For the rest of my life

If I had to choose only three bands (or singers)/TV shows/movies/books to experience for the rest of my life, they would be:
  • Music (and their entire canon is fair game):
    • Billy Joel
    • Taylor Swift
    • Greg Laswell
  • TV shows:
    • Friday Night Lights
    • Parks and Recreation
    • Seinfeld
  • Movies:
    • Clueless
    • Sherlock Holmes 2 (not technically my 2nd all-time favorite movie or anything, but I can't not watch RDJ for the rest of my life, durrr)
    • When Harry Met Sally
  • Books
    • Harry Potter
    • ???
    • ???
Books were too hard to choose, so I didn't. I couldn't decide which types of books I'd want for the rest of my life--would I want funny? Serious? And I'M the Gamemaker here, so I just opted out of this decision. Also, the ones I was seriously considering for the 2 and 3 slots were ... how shall I say ... HUMILIATING.

I feel guilty for not including Ben Folds as one of my three music choices--I mean, we've been through a lot together. If a fourth choice were allowed, it would be him. Probably.

And Arrested Development would be in my top three TV shows...but there are only three seasons! I mean, this has to last me the rest of my LIFE. Plus I have them mostly memorized anyway, so I can just act them out.

Also, didja hear that Freaks and Geeks is on Netflix FINALLY?! Do yourself a favor and watch it.

Oh, what's that you're saying? My recommendation alone isn't enough to convince you?? WELL! Take a look at the cast, why don't you? Just one of the gems is that Squints from The Sandlot plays a bully.

Now watch this clip that I watched on Alison's facebook like a year ago that instigated this entire obsession:

2 comments:

  1. "I'M the Gamemaker here!" LOL. And seriously. Nothing makes me happier than Freaks and Geeks. It's my "comfort show."

    ReplyDelete
  2. obvs taylor.
    and fnl.
    and yes, books is too hard.

    ReplyDelete

Give it to me straight.