Saturday, December 15, 2012
Wednesday, December 12, 2012
I have been feeling extremely Christmas-y this week (besides this morning, during which I listened exclusively to Taylor Swift after enduring the SmithsTix online bloodbath to get pre-sale tickets...dang!!! So crazy. I came out victorious though!!), and thus I've achieved a near-perfect Christmas playlist. Here are my faves:
- Vince Guaraldi Trio: "Christmastime is Here" (and the whole Charlie Brown Christmas CD, durrr)
- Harry Connick Jr.: "What Child is This" (and every single one of his Christmas songs)
- Hanson: "What Christmas Means to Me"
- Relient K: "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas"
- NSYNC: "O Holy Night" (seriously bomb)
- The Shins: "Wonderful Christmastime"
- Punch Brothers: "O Come O Come Emmanuel"
- The Civil Wars: "O Come O Come Emmanuel" (both versions are amaaazing)
- Barenaked Ladies/Sarah McLachlan: "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen"
- Mariah Carey: "All I Want for Christmas is You" OBVIOUSLY
- Rockapella: "Silver Bells"
- The Ronettes: "Sleigh Ride"
- Wham: "Last Christmas"
- Sufjan Stevens: "Once in Royal David's City"
- Jim Brickman: "O Tannenbaum"
- The Ventures: "Sleigh Ride"
- Straight No Chaser: "12 Days of Christmas"
- AgesandAges: "Need a Little Christmas"
- Brian Setzer: "Nutcracker Suite" (and the entire Elf soundtrack)
Also, I'm suuuuuper excited about Christmas presents this year. I've miraculously had pretty great ideas for all of my family members, which is both a relief and soooo exciting! Big time adrenaline rushes this week while I was brainstorming. YAY CHRISTMAS!!!!
Sunday, December 9, 2012
So here's the thing: I am loco-crazy about my new iPod. I love it. One of my favorite things about it is the app Taaz (thank you to Carly, the beautiful genius). This virtual makeover app is really making me antsy to change my hair, which has been my natural color for approximately 1.5 years now...so basically it's time to mix it up.
Here's what I've drummed up:
Here's what I've drummed up:
(the last one is my current, natural color, obvs)
I'm leaning towards the first square. I've never tried ombre, and since I'm ready to explore a whole new frontier after being both Carrie Underwood-blonde and Vanessa Hudgens-brown. (Okay I had a brain fart and couldn't think of any other brunette celebrities!)
Oh and of course I had to test Taaz out on Erin, too. Here she is with Angelina Jolie hair:
My other obsession lately is The Vampire Diaries. I finally started watching it after eeeeveryone told me too...and guess what they were ALL RIGHT. It's amazing!! It has beautifulbeautifulbeautiful people, amazing cliffhangers (that get resolved instantly porque Netflix), bada*s vampire/etc. events, love...yeah I just can't get enough of it right now.
And I'm in love with Damon. He looks like Rob Lowe + Chace Crawford and has a Robert Downey Jr. voice. And he's got jokes.
(I don't know if this clip is that funny, but it made me laugh out loud when I watched it just barely. "Hero hairdo"? Hahaha.)
Tuesday, December 4, 2012
Well this weekend was SO GREAT!
- Friday: The Killers concert was AWESOME. Tegan and Sara played some of my all-time favorite songs ("The Con," "Back in Your Head," "Walking with a Ghost") and awesome new ones, and then the Killers...holy crap. There were fireworks--both in my heart AND literally out in front of us. INDOOR FIREWORKS as well as lasers and fire bombs (?) and just so many emotions. Dang. So amazing.
(Oh and BRANDON FLOWERS IS SOOOOOOO HOT HOLY CRAP okay sorry but I couldn't hold it in any longer)
- Saturday: My mom, dad, and sister Tricia were in town for Erin's amazing Christmas choir concert! So naturally they all came to my birthday party, too. SO much fun. I love everyone.
- Sunday (the actual anniversary of my birth): Just a chill, chill Sunday playing with my brand spankin new iPod!! It's so beautiful, and its name is Riggins. For no real reason. My first iPod's name was Moondoggie, my second one's name was Tom Riddle, and now my third one is named Riggins. It could change; who knows. What I do know is that I am obsessed with this baby. I mean, today on my lunch break, I watched The Vampire Diaries. In my car. THIS IS THE FUTURE!!
So yes, I am excited to be 24. I am, however, sad that I am no longer represented by Blink-182's "What's My Age Again." Maybe nobody likes you when you're 23, but hopefully people worship the ground you walk on, and boys want to make out with you all the time when you're 24. Or something. I mean, what?
Oh, and because I always have to mention my birthday soul sister Britney when I talk about my birthday...here's my favorite all-time picture of her. (We saw this on some drugstore tabloid cover back in '07.)