Wednesday, December 12, 2012

My Christmas Playlist Essentials

I have been feeling extremely Christmas-y this week (besides this morning, during which I listened exclusively to Taylor Swift after enduring the SmithsTix online bloodbath to get pre-sale tickets...dang!!! So crazy. I came out victorious though!!), and thus I've achieved a near-perfect Christmas playlist. Here are my faves:

  • Vince Guaraldi Trio: "Christmastime is Here" (and the whole Charlie Brown Christmas CD, durrr)
  • Harry Connick Jr.: "What Child is This" (and every single one of his Christmas songs)
  • Hanson: "What Christmas Means to Me"
  • Relient K: "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas"
  • NSYNC: "O Holy Night" (seriously bomb)
  • The Shins: "Wonderful Christmastime"
  • Punch Brothers: "O Come O Come Emmanuel"
  • The Civil Wars: "O Come O Come Emmanuel" (both versions are amaaazing)
  • Barenaked Ladies/Sarah McLachlan: "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen"
  • Mariah Carey: "All I Want for Christmas is You" OBVIOUSLY
  • Rockapella: "Silver Bells"
  • The Ronettes: "Sleigh Ride"
  • Wham: "Last Christmas"
  • Sufjan Stevens: "Once in Royal David's City"
  • Jim Brickman: "O Tannenbaum"
  • The Ventures: "Sleigh Ride"
  • Straight No Chaser: "12 Days of Christmas"
  • AgesandAges: "Need a Little Christmas"
  • Brian Setzer: "Nutcracker Suite" (and the entire Elf soundtrack)
Also, I'm suuuuuper excited about Christmas presents this year. I've miraculously had pretty great ideas for all of my family members, which is both a relief and soooo exciting! Big time adrenaline rushes this week while I was brainstorming. YAY CHRISTMAS!!!!

1 comment:

  1. + Ron Sexsmith: "Maybe this Christmas" (O.C. Chrismukkah album)

    + i bet you are a genius gift-giver.

    ReplyDelete

Give it to me straight.